The Rajiv Gandhi Science Centre Trust Fund is a parastatal body working under the aegis of the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology
Established in 1994 by an Act of Parliament the centre aims at promoting Science and Technology, supplement school education through non-formal programmes and create awareness on developments in Science and Technology among the public. Set up in joint collaboration with the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), India, the Centre was inaugurated by Smt. Sonia Gandhi on 30 November 2004 and has been open to the public since 1 December 2004.
To serve as a centre for non-formal education and popularization of science and technology among the population through various media.
RGSC aims at promoting and enhancing the public understanding of science and technology in the Republic of Mauritius. One of its core objectives is to supplement science education at all levels.
- Create awareness for science and technology.
- Encourage creativity and innovation particularly among young people.
- Supplement education in science and technology at all levels.
- Enhance public understanding of science and technology.
The RGSC values a high level of professionalism, best practice, teamwork and timeliness in the execution of its mandate.
- Professionalism – We ensure high standard in our work and services
- Best Practices – We value quality and innovation
- Teamwork – We encourage team spirit and support to achieve excellence
- Timeliness – We are very commited to meet timely targets and always respect deadlines
As a centre of excellence, the RGSC is committed to providing a high quality of service to its valued customers through a range of innovative and fun programmes.
- We provide high quality, fun, innovative and contemporary programmes, supported by accurate, easily understood information to entertain and stimulate your interest in Science and Technology,
- To ensure that you feel welcomed and valued and are treated equally, with courtesy and respect.
- To welcome all enquiries, comments and suggestions.